Friday, December 06, 2002

I was in Hastings (your entertainment superstore) today doing my holiday shopping, and they had the first Simpson's Christmas special showing over and over on the in-store televisions.

Some things I noticed:
  • The guy at the racetrack who throws out Santa's Little Helper has the exact same voice as Moe. Somehow I missed what he looked like the three times he was on-screen (from that you can surmise how long I spent in the store).
  • I think I would get a little tired of hearing the same episode over and over again, especially a first season Simpson's episode.
  • I cannot escape Christmas music.
  • Hastings sells caffeinated mints. I bought some of the Cinnamon ones. They make my tounge burn, and I feel all tingly in my brain. Those could be all in my mind, but I don't think so. Three of them = one soda. Maybe I shouldn't have eaten all 25 at once.
    I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep for a while.

    On a lighter note there's a local wrestler here in Middle Tennessee with the name "The Thud" he is wrestling someone called simply "the Nazi." I wonder what the Nazi's gimmick is. I thought those gimmicks were behind us. Of course there is a guy who I saw two years in a row wrestle at DragonCon in Atlanta that had the generic Russian gimmick going, complete with hammer and sickle flag. And there is the little issue of Tennessee Cowboy James Storm.

    Bill's Quick Movie Review: Sam Peckinpah's "Straw Dogs" starring Dustin Hoffman is like home alone, only without Joe Pesci and with bloodier action and a disturbing rape scene. If only that loveble scamp Kevin had a large bear trap to clamp down over Marv's head, now that would have been comedy.
  • No comments:

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...