Tuesday, September 02, 2003

Car Problems

Ok, so today on the way home the truck felt a little off. I can't explain it better than that, just off. So later when I'm getting ready to go pay my electric bill (due today), I get in and it won't start. I let it crank for a few seconds and it doesn't start. Usually it starts right up.

I try it again. No go.

I try it a third time for about 20 seconds and it begrudgingly starts up. I sit there and let it idle for a minute or two and it seems fine, nothing out of the ordinary. I cut it off and go around and do the one thing that I for sure know how to do under the hood, I check the oil.

It's pretty low, but within acceptable levels, and it isn't sludge black or anything, but looks like oil should.

I get back in and try it again after it has been sitting for a couple of minutes. It takes a few seconds (ten or so) but starts up.

By this time I'm resonably concerned, so I decide to send the payment in. First I can't find a pen to write a check, then as I've sealed up the envelope I read the "make sure your account number is printed on the check" bit on the back flap. Of course I forgot, so I have to open the envelope and correct the problem. Of course the thing won't seal back now, so I go hunting for tape.

You would think in the mass of crap that I have I could find a roll of scotch tape somewhere, I mean, I still have wrapping paper from Christmas two years ago.

No tape though. None in the kitchen or living room or bathroom either.

I end up using two strips of masking tape to seal the envelope, so the electric department or the postal service will now probably open it themselves because it looks suspicious.

All this and Side Pocket, the pool game for the NES, really, really pisses me off. Really.

I'm just hoping that if the Truck is deciding to have a major problem soon that it can wait until next thursday or so, so that I will have at least a little money to fix it.

Why is that vehicle problems always happen in between paychecks or on the paycheck that goes largely to bills?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...