Friday, September 10, 2004

Why GW Will Win

George W. Bush will win the next election. I'm not going to vote for him, I'm going to vote against him. But he'll still win, and let me tell you why.

1. Most Americans don't care who the president is. They lead what they feel are pretty shitty lives regardless, so it doesn't really matter.
2. The Republicans are really good at character assassination and Teflon Bill Clinton was the only one who really knew how to survive it.
3. Kerry could be Jesus Christ and have a spotless war record and the Republicans would still tear him apart.

You know, those three reasons are more than enough. The Republicans don't have to steal elections anymore, they've already pulled off a coup and since they've got Jeb Bush in the chute to run in the next election, we can have sixteen straight years of Bush! Neehaw!

I just hope that the Dems have the balls to run Hillary in '08 and use the same people that ran Billy's campaign, because replacing the Bush dynasty with the Cliton is the only way I see to steer the country back from our Police State leanings.

I'm not a huge John Kerry fan, but at least he's not that evil. I think he probably means well.

I've seen people arguing that Clinton made our country look weak and that was the reason we had terrorist attacks, but I would argue that he kept the country safer than Bush without closing down on personal freedoms.

If I didn't already know that my vote for Nader in the last election really didn't matter here in Republican land, I'd regret it.

Bush is going to win, but I'm just surprised that they haven't offered up Cheney as a scapegoat to get them more points in the polls yet. Maybe they're just waiting to see if they need to spring Osama yet before giving up the co-president.

I look for the 'capture' of Osama to come any time now. Look for it about 3 to four weeks before the election.

Hey, Douglass Rushkoff is saying what I'm thinking. Looky Looky. I'm not so much voting for Kerry as against Bush, and I don't think that there's anything wrong with that. I'm against rampant neo-fascism, and I don't think it's wrong to vote for someone who I don't think represents that.

But I'm still not sure that Kerry can win. I think Gore could have, but the last election took it out of him I think. Why would a President in exile want to run for an office again that he already won once?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...