Thursday, September 09, 2004

When Will the Madness Stop?


Allright, I don't have any problem with George Lucas' continuing to monkey with the original Star Wars Trilogy. I really don't. If he wants to go and add in Anakin from the new Trilogy into the end of Return of the Jedi, I don't really have a problem with it.

Hell, if he wants to go in and replace actors with new ones, I don't have a problem with that either, they're his movies.

I just think that he should release the original versions to DVD. Make each of the versions available as you change them George.

The difference between these movies and their changes and something like a painting is that the earlier versions are out in the public eye, and are appreciated by people.

Walt Whitman was continually revising his Leaves of Grass right up until his death, but earlier versions of the book are still available. Renaissance painters painted over earlier paintings, but at that time there was no method of keeping the originals around.

We have this here digital technology now that allows us to keep all the versions in print.

Gah. I've revealled myself as a Star Wars Geek.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...