Thursday, September 09, 2004

Sound Off For, 9/7/04

Here we go with this weeks Sound off from the DPA.

More politics this week and usual attacks on Kerry:
Knowing he couldn't defend all of his statements on Vietnam, John Kerry and his crew tried to suppress the free speech of the Swift Boat Vets for Truth. They first threatened the publishers of "Unfit For Command" with lawsuits and they threatened TV stations for running the Swift Boat ads.


They tried to stop the publication of the book because it is inflammatory and libelous, and Kerry's statements on Vietnam are backed up by records, which Bush's don't seem to be.

Next is someone who doesn't make much sense...

I don't know what's wrong with politics today, but I just saw John Kerry in Nashville and if he has no respect for the other candidate, why should he have respect for the United States? I am a Democrat and I don't believe in what he's doing...


I didn't hear Kerry's speech in Nashville, but I am not aware of the idea that respect for the president is required for respect for the nation. Quite a few Republicans had little to no respect for Clinton, but still claim respect for the Nation. I have no respect for Bush, nor do I have any for many other lawmakers, but I have respect for the ideals of the nation.

People seem to forget that this is an election campaign where people are competing, and it was not the democrats that started with the mudslinging. As Clinton said on the daily show, If all you're doing is responding to their attacks, then you're not being negative.

The key is not to stoop to dirty tactics first, and I believe going after Kerry's service record is a little, teensy weensy bit dirty.

Seems this person is a Democrat in the vein of Zell Miller.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...