Tuesday, July 20, 2004

True Grit

Buying groceries yesterday, my eye was caught in the produce department by Naked Juice's Protein Zone drink. It comes in a 15 oz plastic bottle, and with the instructions "Shake and Chug."

Why would they say chug, you ask?

Because this concoction of "2 Oranges, 1 Banana, Hint of Coconut, 1 Apple or Pear and 1/2 a Pineapple" is rough on the taste buds. It doesn't get any better on the way down, either.

Sadly, I did not follow the instructions, and drank this in three gulps rather than one chug. On the first gulp I detected something I didn't have any context for in my fruit drinks. On the second gulp I placed it, this stuff is really gritty. Not like pulpy, but like it has little undisolved bits of something in it.

Then I almost had a wreck in my truck (I was drinking this stuff and driving), and splattered quite a bit of it on the passenger door.

You should know that this is a thick white liquid, looking much like a certain body fluid that is not urine. It did not help my resolution on finishing the drink that the splatter on the door did not run down the door, but merely stuck there globulously, and required actual work with clenser to remove. This is a protein rich, thick white liquid (at least it wasn't warm).

But this drink cost me two-fifty for 15 ounces, so I finished it, reluctantly. Needless to say I was wishing that I'd bought some form of Sobe instead, but live and learn.

Avoid this one folks.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...