Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Charlie-Day and Skunks

It was Charlie-Day at work today. I'm sure all of you who have worked in any form of retail have had your Charlie-Days. They're when your managers get the heads up that a higher up in the company is coming for a store visit and all of the managers freak out and assign extra tasks to everyone and won't let you leave until they are done.

Such fun it is to pointlessly move things from one place to another so that you can then move them back again sometime later in the week when Charlie-Day is a dim memory.

And on a different note, Jumbles and I took a trip up to Chattanoogie the other day and stopped in at the Fat Moe's for lunch.

Fat Moe's has an effect on me I'd like to call FatMoesian, but instead I'll give you a description by way of a story. In the old casa del BST/Evilhippy we had a poster on the bathroom wall, The Shit List, with such entries as "The Ghost Shit," "The Iceberg Shit," and the self explanatory "Mexican Shit."

Fat Moe's causes an excretory phenomena all it's own, "Fat Moe's Shit." Mostly it involves a tremendous amount of malodious flatulence leading to a quick run to the stall for a horrible greasy experience.

Now with that lovely imagery we move to talk of Skunks. I was in the midst of the pre-greasy malodious flatulence, doing my job and moving about. I happened by the Frito-Lay vendor who was filling a shelf, and as I was working near him he said, with no trace of jocularity, "I smell a skunk." He then proceeded to tell me about seeing and smelling one outside the store on the road the morning before. I am unsure if he realized the true source of the odor, but I moved on before the conversation went much further, as it was time for the afore-mentioned horrible greasiness.

Filthy Hippy Speak, your source for malodious flatulence!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...