Friday, July 02, 2004

Book Shopping Day

Went down to McKay's Used Books today and picked up a few new items to read:

Even Cowgirl's Get the Blues and Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins. Good to be able to pick both up for under $3, instead of $12 each. I'm quickly working my way through the Robbins library, and have yet to hit one of his books that I haven't liked.

The Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut. I've really not read much Vonnegut, but since the Gaiman Hitchhiker book I was reading made the comparison between Adams and Vonnegut, that's enough for me to pick this one up (that and it was 45 cents).

Hollywood Urban Legends by Richard Roeper. I figured this one would be good bathroom reading material.

Mutant Message From Down Under by Marlo Morgan. I've not heard of it before, and it'll probably suck, but I'm up for it.

If They Only Knew "by" Chyna. In my continuing quest to read each and every wrestling biography I picked this one up off the $1 shelf.

Vineland and The Crying of Lot 49 by Thomas Pynchon. I now have three Pynchon books and have yet to read any of them, but I'm going to start on 49 after I finish the Hiaasen book that I'm on right now. 49 was positively mentioned in one of the Robert Anton Wilson books that I have, so that's good press for me.

The Talisman by King and Straub. I have a tendency to lose copies of this book (or accidentaly destroy them), so I picked up a hardback of it this time, and hopefully i'll still have it when I decide to read it again.

Ishmael by Daniel Quinn. Picked it up so that I can give it away.

Rebel Without a Crew by Robert Rodriguez. I like Robby and his movies and the fact that he is insane. Maybe I'll learn something new from the book that I didn't from the commentaries on Mariachi, Desperado and Once Apon a Time in Mexico, but I doubt it, but it should be entertaining.

Runic States by Kevin Steffen. A little book proposing to tie Germanic Runes to Quantum Theory, count me in.



This should give me a few weeks worth of reading material.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...