Thursday, March 20, 2003

Something that has been bothering me for a couple of days now is this backlash against the Dixie Chicks. Now hear me out all you redneck hooligans that read this site.

They were dogged twice last night at TNA wrestling, once by Bert Prentice and once on the show by Hacksaw Jim Duggan. I also read on the Drudge Report the other day that their airplay is down and that there are destroy Dixie Chicks album parties going on across America.

Now, I believe what Natalie Maines said was that she was ashamed that George Bush is from Texas. Perhaps there is more to the quote than that, but that’s all I have seen reported.

Hacksaw said he was tired of people downing America like the Dixie Chicks. I don’t believe she was downing America, she was stating an opinion of the President. The President is not America, anymore than Bill Gates is Microsoft. They are merely the managers of the particular entity.

Nothing she said was any worse than any Republican or Conservative pundit said about Clinton during his term, and no one raised such a stink.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...