Sunday, March 02, 2003

Lot's of sirens, fire and police, in the distance that seem to be getting closer. Always comforting.

One of my old sites that I can no longer get into at Angelfire seems to have picked up some Java programming that I didn't put there. Something that says in the description on the code that it is a worm of some sort. I'm not going to tell you where the page is, but I haven't been able to get into it for well over two years (stupid forgetting passwords) and I'm surprised it hasn't been purged yet with the lack of activity.

This leads me to a question. I understand why people are hackers, and to some degree why they write malicious programs. I even understad the idea behind monkeywrenching corporate and government web-sites, but why would you attack individual sites? Unless you have some personal grudge against the owner, I just don't understand.

I also don't understand the attacking of the internet in general. If you destroy the internet, how are you going to hack then?

It would be a bit like being an avid basketball player, but constantly burning down your school's gym. Where are you going to play, and with what? There isn't another internet floating around that I know of.

Seems kindof pointless to me.

I am listening to Jello Biafra's new spoke word album Machine Gun in the Clown's Hand, very, very good and insightful.

Go to NoLogo.Org for some good, old-fashioned anti-corporate news.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...