Thursday, March 27, 2003

People who know me know that I am a huge Henry Rollins fan. I have an entire bookshelf of his books and almost all of his cd's, including most of the live, self released albums.

I've always said that I would like to go to one of his talking shows if he came anywhere close. Little did I know that he was coming to a venue less than a mile from my apartment on Friday. I had no idea until I was in line to pay at IHOP the other night on my lunch break and the guy in front of me showed his girlfriend two red construction paper tickets with a yelling face on them. Henry's yelling face. Other people might not have recognized it in that brief instant, but like a twelve year old girl glimpsing the bare chest of Justin Timberlake, I knew that shouting face well.

I figured that he was going to be somewhere like Memphis or Knoxville. I remembered one of those being on the date-list that I got awhile back for this tour, but I was shocked when I went to his site and saw that he was coming to MTSU tomorrow. Here I was ready to skip work and drive to Memphis, and all I have to do is walk less than a mile over to campus.

I love this country.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...