Tuesday, January 21, 2003

I sure do like Hunter S. Thompson books. I'm reading the new one Kingdom of Fear right now. Gunny asked me what it was about last night, and I was left without an answer for a moment, because like all of his books it's about alot of things, though at the core it is about what his assignment has been for the last thirty years or so, the death of the American Dream.

That subject covers alot of ground, from his battles in court over assault and drug charges in 1990 to travels in Cuba in 1999 with Johnny Depp, all told in Hunters machine-gun style and prone to the wandering rants that I like so much.

Something else that bothers me about Charmed, why don't the witches ever use a magic circle when they summon things? I thought that was a pretty traditional thing, you know a pentagram on the floor in chalk or something and a big circle around it, maybe some candles and incense to set the mood. That might keep those nasty demons from busting up their house, and they should always remember Lovecraft's advice to never summon anything that you can't send back down (or up).

My orders for today are for everyone to go out and read a book, do it and I WON'T give a test, this time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...