Sunday, January 26, 2003

From the conspiracy corner:



The Astral Master of Death tells me that WhatReallyHappened.Com has a story predicting a terrorist attack today to predicate our impending war in Iraq and elsewhere. I think the site is badly designed and I have a problem finding anything specific, but here's my two cents on the conspiracy theory that will probably come to nothing (It's a bit like when I fantasy book wrestling on my TNA page, only in wrestling nobody dies if I'm right--most of the time). Today is also the superbowl. It's funny how Tom Clancey's novels have a tendency to come true in part. He did have one about planes crashing into the Capitol. Just think Sum of All Fears. I'll say no more on the issue. Hopefully just idle thoughts.

Also I still haven't seen my crazy theory that the plane that crashed in Penn. on 9/11 was the one actually headed for the Pentagon reported anywhere. It would make sense if you tie it in with the French conspiracy theorists claims that there was no plane that hit the Pentagon. Maybe everything didn't go according to plan for the terrorists more than people think on 9/11. Crazy conspiracy theories are fun, just remember Robert Anton Wilson's advice not to believe any of them too much. The Discordian ideal always applies that everything is true and nothing is true, even false things.

War Rant


(Hey, that's almost like a pun)

Will we go to war after the State of the Union address this week? Probably. I think it will be a bomb-the-crap-out-of-them war though, not a ground war as much. I think the ground war would come in Korea if it comes to that. What people don't realize is that the gulf war has been going on for the last 12 years it's just that the U.S. hasn't been obvious about it, this is just the official round two. We've been occupying the "No Fly Zone" for 12 years. We've also been bombing them and running ops inside their country for that long. The war never ended.

People at work were talking about the draft. I still say if the draft were ever re-instituted it IS political suicide for those involved. Protests against the war may not draw much media attention in the states from the "liberal" controlled media, but there are enough of us mean and political Gen-Xers out there that we would put a wallopin on them in the voting. The hippies of the 60s and the fact that they got drafted...well sorry buckos it's not the 60s anymore, and there are lots of alternative news outlets that weren't there before. As long as the corporitization of the internet doesn't continue as those in power no doubt hope there is the potential for great change as it evolves.

Here on the internet (to put it crudely) my dick is just as big as dubbya's.

Back to the rant and why the draft won't work--I really do think that there are enough cynical asshole types just like me out there that just wouldn't go. And those that do go, the parent's aren't as likely to look on it kindly, cause guess what...lot's of them are grown up hippies. Maybe I'm way off base, and if there really is another terrorist attack there are enough stupid-ass people out there like the one I just heard on Fox News that will fall
hook, line and sinker for any rah-rah bullshit that the government feeds us. Why does everyone else in the world hate us? Because we are such bullying assholes and think that everyone has to be us. We forget that everyone doesn't want to be us.

I think what the country needs that can never happen in the current climate is a lack of political parties and career politicians. Maybe what we need is an anarchosyndicalist commune, where everyone takes it in turn to act as a type of executive officer of the week, but every decision of that officer has to be ratified by a special by-weekly meeting in the case of purely domestic affairs and by a two thirds majority...(sorry had to interject some type of attempt at funny into this mess). Really though, no more parties. They're both the same and they make people think that's all there is. All this fighting over essentially nothing, and nothing really gets done because everyone's to busy fighting over petty little workplace disputes...but anyway I was talking about the draft and why it won't work wasn't I?

I don't like how the guy in the window on Fox news is staring at me right now.

People like their comfort, and they like their wars, but they don't like their children dying, or the prospect of their children dying. That's why the wars we fight now are special forces wars and bomb-the-hell-out-of-them wars..Less casualties on our side. I think this draft hoopla is just what happens when people get scared. Unless everyone attacks us at once, it won't happen. Even politicians aren't that stupid. I don't think. Dumb and easily manipulated, but not stupid.

Wow, political views from the EvilHippy, and nothing about Charmed for once. Heh.

Question to You "Good" People"


The Astral Master of Death and are thinking about something like a weekly internet talkshow, something probably on the order of thirty minutes or so each time on a variety of topics. What does everyone think, would anyone listen? We could set up a coinciding chat room for automatic feedback in lieu of call-ins. Just throwing the idea out, I doubt anyone is still with me after the rant fest above, but comments would be welcome. E-mail me or comment on the damn forum or something. That's what it's there for.
If we did such a thing I'd buy a Domain and hosting for this site and the show and a possible archive in RealAudio format, similar to Art Bell's site. I know my readership isn't that tremendous in size right now, but this is something I'd actually advertise. Maybe we could just do a show as a topic presents itself? Your suggestions would be apprecieated.


Today's codeword is: Squalor. Those of you in the know, you know what to do with this information.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...