Saturday, January 24, 2004

Damly F**k

I went to re-start my computer about an hour ago because AOL was being it's usual self, and when it went to come back on a screen I'd never seen before came on and stayed for awhile and then it went to black and told me


Operating System Not Found


I stared at it for a few seconds, not getting angry at all yet, mind you. Then I did the only sensible thing in that situation, I tried restarting the computer. When Ctrl-Alt-Del got the same result, I tried turning it off and turining it back on. Then I tried unplugging the power cable and plugging it back in, same result.

So then I start to get a mite bit perturbed.

I went to hunting around my room for the re-install disc for my computer. I found one of the packets for my old computer that my sister now has, but that does me no good. Then after feeling my blood-pressure go up and up and a headache start a formin' I found the packet from this computer in one of my magazine racks (not the best place for it, I admit, I think I'll put it in the desk drawer from now on).

Lo and behold my computer comes with no restore disk, but rather a restore partition which you can make the disks from. The F10 for setup button fails to work for me from the startup screen that I was getting when I try it, and this makes me a teensy bit more rage filled.

Then I seach through the instruction manual and find out that I have to unhook everything except the keyboard moniter and mouse. So I tries that, and lo and behold the F10 now magically works and I am led through the forty minute process of re-installing and re-booting my computer.

Thank goodness my files are all still here.

I don't know what erased my OS, but I've gotten rid of all the files of the couple of software programs that I downloaded while it was on before, and I hope that will get it and this won't be a re-curring phenomenon.

Now I think it's about time for some of that sleeping.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...