Thursday, January 08, 2004

Carrot Top

Angry Jack bought me the Carrot Top Rocks Las Vegas DVD for Christmas (knowing of my love for the Top), and I had promptly forgotten about it until today when I decided to give it a look.

The back boasts of 'detailed liner notes' which turn out to be one side of a sheet which give such illuminating facts as his birthday (Feb. 25), height (5'11") and weight (145), and the fact that he has a small carrot tattoed on his ankle.

Moving on to the disc itself, it seems that they were not content to leave well enough alone and make this a concert video, but rather they decided to chop it up and add in little sound effects and videos to illustrate the jokes. This has the effect of ruining any sort of rhythm that the top might actually have in the show.

I made it about ten minutes in before switching to my DVD of this years WWF Royal Rumble. It is the most wonderful in-ring debut of Scott Steiner. I was just noticing that Chris Nowinski uses the Lex Luger tactic of standing outside the ring during the duration of the match and largely letting the other guys do all the work. If, at that point, he actually had some presence he could have made that a strong tactic, but it actually just make shim look incredibly weak. I think the spot they just did is the one where Nowinski broke his nose, necessitating wearing a face mask for a larger part of the year.

I realize that the preceeding paragraph means nothing to the larger part of the potential audience of this post, but, oh well, I really don't have that much to say about the Top.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...