Sunday, October 26, 2003

From Al Franken's wonderful self-help book Oh, The Things I Know!:


The effect of laughter is more than just psychological. When you laugh, your body releases endorphins, and every so often, if you laugh really hard, a small amount of diarrhea. Like a good orgasm or a good sneeze, a good laugh relieves unhealthy pent-up tensions which can cause an imbalance in the body's humors--specifically an excess of black bile--which we have known since the Middle Ages is the cause of all illness.


I have lots and lots of black bile. That is partially why the knickname Black Bile Bill is so appropriate. I also have problems with laughing really hard, it seems.

Hopefully I won't laugh too very hard at the comedy show on Thursday, since I don't really think that anyone wants me to be releasing black bile during the show.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...