Tuesday, April 15, 2003

Hackie sack players on the lawn of my apartments when I came in just now. I thought we'd driven them back inside the confines of Seatle where they belong.

I'm trying to read Left Behind but it's some slow going. This is a really badly written book, and it is very hard to muddle through since the last novel I read, Pattern Recognition by William Gibson, was a very good one. It amazes me that something so badly and blandly written could top bestseller lists. Actually, no it doesn't, since most people don't seem to actually read any books once they get out of high school.

I'm sixty pages in, and they're 400 more to go. There is a main character named Rayford Steele for God's sake. I also don't much care for the thinly veiled anti-Semitism and the feeling of fear and paranoia this book tries to instill.

Maybe I'm just reading it wrong.

I like the sticker I saw in Video Culture that said I'm doing my part to piss off the Religious Right.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...