Thursday, April 03, 2003

Concert-goers head to exits after anti-Bush display
Incensed fans walked out of Pearl Jam's concert Tuesday after lead singer Eddie Vedder impaled a mask of President Bush on a microphone stand, then slammed it to the stage.


Let me explain the problem I have with this story. The main problem I have is that it doesn't say if the fans were disatisfied after the show, or if they walked out on the show, or even how many of these incensed fans there were. We hear from two people I think. That is not a news story.

I wasn't there, but I do wonder how many of the fans were really that upset.

The "head on a stick" mentioned in the story is a mask. I like the quote about Vedder ripping off someone's head in a primal display. So If I wore a mask then took it off and put it on a microphone stand and stomped on it, I'm doing it to the person, right?

This is a bit like expecting Michael Moore not to say anything if he won at the oscars. This is Eddie Vedder.

Anyway, that was a poorly written story, and is meaningless to boot. The writer found a couple of people who were angry as they were going out and that was it. The saying representatives of Vedder could not be reached for comment is a cop out.

...More later.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...