Sunday, October 31, 2004

Fred Willard, Comic Genius


Ah, A Mighty Wind, the least well received of Christopher Guest's mocumentaries (the others being Waiting for Guffman and, of course, This is Spinal Tap), and I think unjustly so, as the film is a wealth of subtle comedy.

And it has a tremendous performance by Fred Willard, comic genius. He plays Mike LaFontaine, an entertainment manager who was a character on a little remembered show called "Wha' Happened."

For the longest time I scoured the internet for soundfiles of his famous catch-phrases from that show, to no avail. Now, courtesy of my DVD-Burner, I bring to you the Fred Willard A Mighty Wind sound files:

"I don't think so!"
"I got a weal wed wagon!"
"I can't do my work!"
"Wha' Happened?"
"Hey, wha' happened?"


And, for those who care, I'm working on other sound clips that I can't find anywhere (high on my list are the Cocoanut Pete songs from Club Dread). So stay tuned.

Evilhippy.net, your source for obscure and unwanted soundfiles.

Additionally, if anyone out there has any requests that are reasonably small, so as not to eat up all my bandwidth, let me know and I'll see what I can do. I'd post you a list of movies that I have, but it'd be quite long and boring.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey this is fan-darn-tastic! I love "A Mighty Wind" and I cannot get these sayings from my mind. So here they are...thank you for the hard work. This is a real gem.

Mark

Anonymous said...

Thanks for these sound bites. We use these sayings at work a lot. Guest and Willard are pure genious. Unfortunately, the rest of the world's comic appreciation never got past roadrunner cartoons. There's a few of us that really get it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...