Friday, August 27, 2004

Odds and Ends Before Work

TNA Wrestling

I used to watch TNA Wrestling religiously. While I lived in Murfreesboro I went to their Wednesday Pay Per Views in Nashville pretty much every week starting from the first ones at the Municipal Auditorium, right up through when they brought in Lex Luger (which pretty much signaled the end of their live draw for me).

Today I was watching their Impact TV show (which I just happened to see was on, It's not exactly a staple of my week), and, while they are still putting on some entertaining X-Division matches and the new six-sided ring is interesting, I found myself not caring in the least little bit what was going on on the majority of the show, and when they were going to go to an interview by their 'lead analyst' who is a NASCAR correspondent, and was going to interview a NASCAR driver, I decided that I had much better things to do with my time.

I think it's pretty sad that I've gone from paying my weekly fifteen dollar tithe to sit ringside at their shows to not even being able to sit through an hour of free television.

I'm going to go on record now as predicting the death of TNA in 2005. I don't think they're going to last as a promotion more than the next year.

With their announcement that they are ceasing production of weekly PPV broadcasts from Nashville and a move to a monthly broadcast schedule from Universal Studios in Florida, I think that they are going to go the way of WCW and whatever the promotion was that was run by Jimmy Hart that was out of the same soundstage.

They will not survive coming to the world exclusively from WCW's worldwide arena.



Posers

I saw two punk-posers out today. I just have to say that when you go to a store to buy a look, complete with buttons, tie and striped shirt and, oooh inverted pentagram necklace. It's a lot like the stereotypical white guys trying to be gangstas. I guess it gives them some identity, but I have to say that a real punk doesn't go out to buy pre-ripped, cookie cutter outfits, but tend to just be dirty DIY types of people.

Tomorrow On This Station

Tomorrow a long ass post on Kabalah.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...