Thursday, February 26, 2004

Toys, Toys, Toys

Optimus Prime

I walked around the store for quite awhile this morning with the 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime shown here. I do like it so very much. I just couldn't stomach plunking down the $63 that Wal-Mart wanted for it. It's a big sucker, and pretty heavy due to the large number of die-cast parts, but it's still just a toy, and I have two other Optimus Prime's already, soooo...

...I put it back and looked for other things that I might need, which brought me to the Boba Fett figure at the right which I bought instead.

Boba Fett

I feel much better about that purchase, as it didn't cost me $63, and he goes well with the Han Solo I bought awhile back.

Speaking of Toys, I saw some of the figures for the new Van Helsing movie that stars Hugh Jackman. They're by the shittiest of all toy companies that do such licenses, Jakks Pacific. Jakks also handles the WWE toys, and only sometimes manages to somehow put together a moderately good figure. Most of them turn out looking nothing like the people they are supposed to be, with the company using head molds from older figures with only minor corrections for other people. I think it's time they moved into this decade with their sculpting and design work.

Take, for instance, the Dracula figure from the Van Helsing line:
Dracula
What the hell are they going for here? Is he shocked about something? Is he retarded? What's with the albino flying mouse?

I haven't seen the movie, but I seriously doubt that this is what the character looks like in it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...