Sunday, July 27, 2003

I was looking over on Fark, and there was a link to a guy wanting stories about experiences in Waffle House. That set me to thinking a bit.

Shortly after I began my current job I went to Waffle House on my lunch break (it being one of the few places open on 3rd shift, and close to work). I went in and sat at the bar and the cook was giving me this weird look the whole time.

He's standing there looking at me the whole time I make my order, and as I open up my book. He does it for a couple of more minutes, then he says, "When I seen you coming in I thought you was this guy I was in prison with. He always said when he got out he'd be coming for me, but I guess you're not him, are you?"

"Nope," I said.

"That's good."

Then he cooked me my grilled cheese sandwich and told me that he'd only been out a little while and he didnt' know when the other guy was getting out. I didn't inquire, and he didn't share why he was in prison, or what he'd done that the other guy should want to be coming for him.

Needless to say, I don't go to that Waffle House anymore. The really funny part was that he looked just like this snitch that I went to prison with that I promised that I'd take care of when I got out. But that's guy's name was Rob, the cook's wasn't.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...