Thursday, April 29, 2004

TV Tuesday

Comedy Central unveiled it's list of the 100 Greatest Stand-Up Comedians of All Time last week. (The list was quite subjective, I don't know who voted, no one asked me.) But it was a fun series of shows to watch. They are replaying it endlessly if you'd like to catch it. You can view their list here, if you'd like some help coming up with names for this week's questions!

1. Who is your favorite stand-up comedian of all time? I'd have to go with Bill Hicks or David Cross. I like Dave Atell quite a bit as well.

2. Which one could you do without? (Not your type of humor, or just plain stupid!) I think the generic answers here for me would be Paula Poundstone and Carrot Top, but I don't much care for Bruce Villance either.

3. Which comedian do you think has gone on to have a great career aside from doing stand-up? Tim Thomerson, I mean, come on, he starred in Dollman AND the Trancers series.

~Bonus~ If you went to a comedy club on amateur night, and they gave you some jokes and a microphone, would you go onstage? No, only if I could go on freestyle, canned jokes just don't work, only that pure raw agression and bile that I'm known for.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...