Sunday, February 16, 2003

Sorry about the long time between updates lately (I know it really bothers Gunny), and the fact that the last few posts have been quotes from a book, but I've been sick (I know, poor little wussy me) and there has been some female companionship in my life as late and as such web-page and reading time have suffered.

But, maybe since the sickness of the last three weeks is abating I can get back to my rantings here.

In web-related news, I'm going to be buying hosting for my pages pretty soon and a spankin new domain name. I'm working on a new layout to incorporate all of my various pages and I hope I can have something ready for launch by the end of the month. Gunny, Joey, Tommy and I are working on a project that I also hope to have up and running before to long. I'm scouting some software and deciding what form the colaboration will take right now, but the domain name is already registered, we just need the content and the hosting.

Soon, it will be soon.

Tommy wrote about Daredevil over on his site, and I agree with his comments on the character, I think the problem most writers run into is that they either try to make him too much of a lawyer (the horrible storyline between Bendis's two runs on the book) or they make him too little of a lawyer. It is a fine line writing the book that I think Brian Bendis does well. He treats it as a crime book with people and some superheroing. It is a good companion book with his edgier Alias in the MAX line. The movie looks like it is going to be more superhero oriented than lawyerly. Though i've only read good reviews so far from the people that I tend to trust like Harry and Moriarty at Aint-it-cool-news.com. I think it was in Maxim that they were making fun of the origin of the character and saying that comics need new ideas..This character was created 30 years ago by Stan Lee, there are plenty of newer ideas out there. But that's for another rant.

By the way Jacko really is crazy. I found myself watching the "controversial" documentary on VH1, and I can see why he wouldn't like it, though I think it is probably very balanced and fair. I think he just got seriously whacked up in his super-strange life, and he truly believes in the B.S. (belief system) that he's set up for himself over all these years. He's really not that different from anyone else, only with more resources and a bad childhood.

I'm not wearing any pants as I write this...Just thought you should know.

I also took the Simpson's quiz Tommy suggested everyone take and I scored a 13, though it would have helped if the answers weren't right after the questions. It makes it hard not to see any of the answer, I think I could have done better if I was allowed to think. It's like having a question and answer game where the reader shouts the answer at you right after the question and you have to but you way in to get one right.

Clint Eastwood's Fire-Fox is a movie that I remember as being pretty good the last time I saw it some 10 years ago, but watching it on television today the special effects really haven't held up. It looks like something off of an episode of Knight Rider or one of the less technically advanced Power Rangers shows.

No pants at all.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...