Thursday, March 11, 2004

pol·y·u·re·thane

Don't know how many of you are sports fans out there and might have seen this, but take a look at
The 20-question final exam that Jim Harrick Jr. gave to students in his Coaching Principles and Strategies of Basketball course in the fall of 2001.

If this is all you need to know to be a basketball coach, then sign me the hell up. Apparantly this was the only test of any sort given in the class, taken by some of the players on the team Harrick coached.

If you're only going to give one test in the entire semester, don't you think that you'd have time to proof it pretty carefully?

This reminds me of my glorious two semesters of bowling I took in college. Our teacher had a real hard-on for making the class a serious class and not just a throw away P.E. requirement. We had lectures and were required to keep notebooks with various crap in them.

The best part was the final. It was the only PE class I ever took that had an essay question. I don't remember the question, but I do remember Tommy's consternation and anger over being penalized for misspelling polyurethane.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...