Wednesday, June 18, 2003

You know, I'm sure that cascading stylesheets are lovely and save lots of time for professional web designers, but sweet JEEBUS I can't figure out what the hell's going on in half the code on my template page. I've been working all day on this pretty new design that has a bitchin logo, but can I get it to work and have archives and all on it?

No.

It's a bit like Dungeons and Dragons 3rd edition, it's pretty and supposedly simpler than 2nd edition, but is it more fun? Can I make a character sheet on one small piece of paper with only a few numbers and go?

The answer to both of those questions is no my internet family.

None of the basic blogger templates even has black as a background color so that I can just modify one of them. I think what this is is that programmers have decided that they don't like all these point and click interface programs that design web-pages and are trying to wrest the control back from the people.

I code the long way in my html and I like it. I know my tags. I know my formatting, but I don't want to learn a whole new damn way of doing it. I have a 3 year old bare-bones editing program that i use for most of my pages and that is enough.

Don't even get me started on the fact that every time I try to work with my new page design it keeps trying to make all the links bright blue when that is nowhere in the code.

Damn the internet and Cascading Style Sheets, Damn their eyes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...