Monday, June 23, 2003

Do you like to get nostalgic? Of course, we all do. I wax poetic about my glorious childhood pretty often, but only VH1 seems to have made a programming schedule around it.

I understand that it is very cheap (probably free most of the time) to get b-level and lower celebrities to come and sit in a studio for hours on end and talk about anything you can think of from Rubix cubes to Blondie's Heart of Glass, but enough already.

On VH1 during the daytime we have shows like I Love The 70s, I Love The 80s, One Hit Wonders, VH1's 20 Women Who Rock, VH1's 19 Funny-Ass Videos, Top 25 Greatest Videos To Get Busy To, and various Greatest videos/songs of different time periods. What is the premise of all of these shows?

Celebrities tell us what they think about these things in extensive interviews that I imagine take place in front of a blue screen and last for days at a time so they have enough material to fill out the entire VH1 schedule for the year.

Really though, I just don't like seeing Henry Rollins have to talk about things like Care Bears.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...