Friday, June 20, 2003

CNN.com - New Zealand farmers fume over flatulence tax - Jun. 20, 2003

This story was highlighted just now on Tech TV's Techlive just now, and I think that host Chris Leary, formerly an announcer for the then WWF took special joy in being able to say that the tax is for methane belched and farted into the air. He especially liked saying the word farted.

This story leaves me thinking. If they brought a tax such as this to the US I would be paying alot more taxes. I'm just left wondering if it's a tax per head and averaged out to how much methane they should produce, or if they'd put up some kind of meter to measure individual emissions.

I'd feel sorry for the scientist/engineer that had to work on designing and implementing that project.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...