Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Things I Learned From the MTV Europe Awards

I returned today from visiting with my parents and sister where I was subjected to my sister's t.v. viewing habits. I was 'fortunate' to witness the MTV Europe Awards twice over the weekend, as well as most of the E! True Hollywood Story of Baywatch and some Saved By the Bell.

Here are some things I learned from the awards show:

...In Europe Robbie Williams is famous. So famous that he is up for album of the year against a bunch of Americans.

...Someone in the MTV Europe design staff must read Warren Ellis's DiePunyHumans, since the logo of the show was a Filthy Monkey grasping the award. They were also suitably cynical about the whole thing with graphics talking about the factory created celebrities and the interchangeableness of them.

...Eminem thinks he is alot cooler than he is.

...Host Christina Aguilera is this generations Cher, and not in a good way. Her multiple costume changes and bad hosting were not as pleasant to watch as they should have been.

...This show was completely unnecessary as most of the winners were just the same boring crap as at the VMAs.



Thank you and goodnight.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...