Wednesday, October 08, 2003

No Comics and no Wrestling make Bill...Something, something

Go crazy? Don't mind if I do.

The 'Tis, my local comic store of choice is closed due to illness, which I can only take to mean either Pat, the co-owner has fallen ill, or worse that Kevin, the other owner who was in the hospital battling cancer, has taken a turn for the worse. He's a good guy, I hope that he pulls through and beats the odds.

But in selfish news, that means I get no comics this week. Here are the books according to Diamond Comics that I am missing out on this week:


Tokyo Storm Warning #3(of 3)- Warren Ellis's third and final issue of his Japanese-Big-Robots miniseries that will most likely never see trade, and due to low order numbers around here, I may never see the completion of.

Tom Strong #22- One of the more consistently solid books in Alan Moore's ABC line, this one no doubt continues the crossover that will most likely end the ABC universe as it stands now.

Marvel 1602 #3- Neil Gaiman's Victorian Marvel Universe. I haven't been truly impressed by it yet, but it's still early in the run.

NYX #1- With Josh Middleton's dazzling artwork, this could be one of the prettiest comic books since Darkminds started. This is one that I was really waiting for.

Ultimate Six #3- I really should just wait for the Ultimate trades, but I like this book. The art is solid, and the story is thusfar reasonably entertaining, with the standard Bendis writing.

Archie #541- 'natch. You knows I just have to know what's up with my Riverdale homies. Veronica the bomb, yo.

Poison Elves: Lusipher and Lirilith TPB- Poison Elves with great artwork? Who would have thunk it. This series may not have been the most Earth shatteringly brilliant book ever, but I liked it quite a bit. Of all of the Poison Elves books, this one looks the best, and I would have probably went for the trade.


All in all it would have been a $30 comic week. I went to Hastings and Books a Million to see if I could find a trade paperback that I want, but neither really had anything that caught my eye. The closest thing was the Batman Black and White Volume 2, but that's pretty much just an 'eh.

I did find a stack of trades that I haven't read here in my room though. I had forgotten about buying some of them (Essential Silver Surfer and Essential Hulk 1 and 2), so maybe I'll read some of them.

I also picked up the new Michael Moore book this morning, Dude Where's My Country. It's good stuff. All of his other books have been about things that I'd mostly seen in his earlier movies or on TV Nation or the Awful Truth, but this one is newer stuff that I would guess he's working on for the next film, Fahrenheit 911.

And on the no wrestling front, I just don't have the money to hit tonight's TNA Show. No money for gas and no money for a ticket. Oh well.

I'm just going to sit here and watch Bulletproof Monk and hope that it's much better than the comic was, but I'm not that hopeful.

Tommy, and others, should go play This game at I-Mockery.com. It's ridiculously hard, but I think it is the final level that is based on the game Golden Axe, but in this game you are a monster with a stick that kicks some ass. And you get to beat up the Power-Puff Girls, did Imention that? The game is pretty hard though.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...