Sunday, September 21, 2003

Fun with fusion: Freshman's nuclear fusion reactor has USU physics faculty in awe

OK, so the guy builds a fusion reactor out of spare parts, big deal. The real story is the project that beat him in the rankings of the Physics competition, pulling the first award of $3,000 called "Is Eating Blueberry Pie Bad for You?" That's a damn physics project.

I can answer that question: No. Blueberry pie is soooo good for you. Where's my $3,000 intel? Here I am sitting on this perfectly good orbiting laser platform that I just need funding to complete. $3,000 would go nicely towards completing my death ray.

Now if I could just get a hang of rocket physics so that I won't accidentaly blow myself up when I try to launch it and myself into a high Earth orbit from whence I will rain fire and death down apon the Earth Old Testament Style.

The results of the competition are here.

Thanks to Gunny for pointing this one out to me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...