Sunday, September 28, 2003

Farmer Spreads Human Waste on Fields as Fertilizer

I seem to recall that this was the problem in my neighborhood. We lived out in the country very close to what must be the worlds largest seller of septic tanks. There is a giant field of Septic Tanks across the street from the school that I grew up beside.

The owner of the septic tank emporium lived and probably still lives in a giant square house behind the school property. Supposedly he used human waste as fertilizer on his land and tainted the water table in the area. I believe that I remember that he denied doing it.

Before that the water from our well and the well from the school were very pury, so pure in fact that when a travelling water purifier salesman did a test on our water he told my parents that they didn't need the filter.

Though for some reason the water suddenly went crappy and we had to be put on city water.

I understand those people's plight.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...