Thursday, September 16, 2004

Compensating


I saw this GI Joe knock off toy in Big Lots yesterday.

The thing that stood out to me the most was the completely oversized gun to his left. From stock to bayonet tip it is almost as tall as he is.

I would have to think that a gun that size would be a bit unweildy, not to mention the fact that it would probably kick your arm off.

I'm not asking for total realism in toys. In fact, the mold on this figure is about 100 times better than anything they used to make when I was a kid, and is better than most of the star wars figures made today, but when you make the guys pistol in scale and then throw in a gun from some other line, that just shows a lack of planning.

I also stopped to look at the generic transformers that they had, including copies of the transformers beast wars line, and a set of three gestalt bots, with the car-bot sporting a wicked 'Marlboro' windshield decal.

Ah, Hong Kong toy piracy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...