Thursday, September 09, 2004

Sound Off Aug 31, 2004

I was shooting to start this last week, but i've got some catching up to do. In my local paper The Daily Post-Athenian, runs a feature every tuesday where they print local gripes phoned in to the paper (745-3100 ext. 1650). They usually range from the general gripes about whatever to people calling in to praise their relatives, to political 'discourse.'

Well, I've decided to bring to you what I deem are the best of the best from each week. I'm starting with last weeks paper, Aug. 31, 2004.

Firstly we have one that Tommy erroneously thought was called in by me:

I wonder what the chances are of getting a Mrs. Winner's Chicken Restaurant in Athens. I believe it would do well.


But the best of the week had to be this near incoherant ranting about John Kerry:
Why does John Kerry say he's reporting for duty? Why has he not been on duty? He says he wants health benefits for all Americans, but never sponsored a bill in the Senate to do such. He says he wants to ensure our national security, but missed 78 percent of his meetings on the Senate National Security Committee and sponsored a bill to cut our National Security Intelligence budget $6 billion. He says he is a war hero, but ... eyewitness reports question that. In the last 33 years, has John Kerry done anything but protest the war? What do we know of anything that he has sponsored in the U.S. Senate that has passed? Why has he not been on duty?


Started out pretty strong then went all insane on the end. I still think it is interesting that people are still arguing that Vietnam was a just and necessary war.

I'd say stay tuned for next week, but I'm just going to post it next so, stay tuned till the next post!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...