Saturday, January 31, 2004

Discussions

Last night at work Gunny started Joey and I on a lengthy discussion of the boundaries and basis of reality and magic by asking me about the Schrodinger's Cat thought puzzle from Quantum Physics.

It was a Bill O'Reilly style debate, with me playing the part of Bill (naturally) and Joey playing the part of anyone else on Bill's show. Basically it involved alot of Joey would start talking and then I would talk loudly and forcibly over him until he stopped, at which point I had achieved a victory, or point for my side and I could then sit back smugly.

Gunny ended up going off to do more work while we argued, and then came back in after awhile and I think was a bit lost at the tangent that we had moved down.

I'd like to think that I was able to explain my reasoning and the methodology by which it was reached, but I seriously doubt it as I tend to be unintelligible most of the time.

I would go into some of the debate, but I'll have to leave it for later as the exertion of the effort of putting my thoughts into words last night has left me a bit short-winded and tired.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...