Wednesday, February 05, 2003

Right now I'm learning to be a good Samurai, hence the quote from the Hagakure in the last post. I don't know if I'll make as good a Samurai as Forrest Whittaker, but I'm going to try. I think I can do all this honor thy master and be the perfect retainer who lives only in each moment and makes each decision within the space of seven breaths.

But then I also want to be a neuro-surgeon, and a rock star. Being a physicist would be nice as well. Perhaps I could lead an impressive group of rag-tag misfits who fight crime and play music from a futuristic headquarters and have zany misadventures across the world.

Oh, wait, that's Buckaroo Banzai. I so often get confused and start thinking I'm a character from a movie. Last week I was convinced that I was Elwood Dowd, and I kept wondering where the heck my big house was...I could see the rabbit just fine though.

Todays Samurai wisdom:

People with intelligence will use it to fasion things both true and false and will try to push through whatever they want with their clever reasoning. This is injury from intelligence.
Nothing you do will have effect if you do not use truth.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...