Friday, January 24, 2003

Gunny wants an update do he? Well I've been doing alot more sleeping lately due to the cold and the snow. The Bacon's natural winter state is one of hibernation, which is the reason we haven't seen any of the Kevin Bacon lately and tend not to during the colder months. I will try to type more and sleep less.

Does anyone else out there think that Carrot Top has had some work done on his face? I don't mean in the large Italian punching him repeatedly there, more in the plastic surgery kind of way. His face just looks wrong.

Now in non-Carrot Top related news...

  • On the Drudge Report we have a story about a children's book based on the inspiring life story of R. Kelly. An interesting concept. Perhaps an entire line can follow with such inspirational stories such as the Pee Wee Herman Story or the Hunter S. Thompson story, both would be educational in many different ways.
  • Also a series of stories on the "Bug Chaser" story that appeared in a recent Rolling Stone issue about gay men who seek out HIV positive partners and have unprotected sex, intentionally. Incidentally last night I dreamed that this particular story ran in an issue of Golf Magazine, which I think would have made the overall hooplah all the more interesting. One story attacks Jann Wenner for printing the story in the magazine and the stories claim that there are no studies to support any numbers on the phenomenon which they admit exists. I thought the purpose of Journalism was to print different sides of issues whether they are popular or not.
  • The world's tallest and fastest roller coaster will be opening soon in Cedar Point Ohio, and Pimp Babyface Innocent will not be there to ride it. All I can say is that it looks to be the most ridiculously frightening ride ever. a ninety degree drop from four hundred feet at one hundred and twenty miles per hour as it twists torwards the ground. Huh-huh, I wonder if you'll be able to beat your vomit to the ground? I don't even like the Free Fall at Six Flags, and it just drops down at an angle. I can't even tell how you get to the top of the hill from the picture on the DrudgeReport.
    On DiePunyHumans we have some new Sumo pictures from Mr. Warren Ellis. Nothing like giant man-mountains beating the snot out of one another.

    Evil Hippy's Movie Corner


    Near Dark is both a very good vampire movie and a very stupid vampire movie. On one hand it blends what I think would be the most likely outcome of regular people granted immortal life through the vampire's bite...incredibly stupid vampires. Do they attempt to understand what they are or do anything other than move about aimlessly and kill randomly? Nope. They don't even appear to care whether or not they are caught, as they come up with no contingency plans for pursuit or capture, relying instead on blind luck to get them through.
    I do enjoy Bill "I'm not Bill Pullman" Paxton being a crazy vampire. He plays crazy really well, he should do it more often. I also wonder if it's possible for Lance Henrikson to be any more creepy. He's like Christopher Walken in that he's almost a parody of what creepy is, you run the risk of comedy by casting him in your films.
    The direction of the film is capable, though not noteworthy in itself. There were not glaring mistakes that I noticed. Not Tarantino good, but not Sidaris bad either.
    Music was passable, added very little and kept making me think of the original Terminator, especially with Paxton battered and bloody on hanging onto the front of big rig.
    The director, Kathryn Bigelow, said that Oliver Stone told her the script had a poetic structure. Allright. I don't see a particularly poetic structre, but I'll take his word for it.
    Perhaps more will be revealled after I watch the second disc of extras.

    I'll be viewing MIB II for the first time today, perhaps I'll tell everyone what I think, but probably not.
  • No comments:

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...