Thursday, August 28, 2003

Confusion...

I hit the rounds yesterday for the weekly purchases and picked up a couple of books and movies and whatnot. I saw that there was a new Palahniuk book out and bought that, and there was another book that caught my attention, on the cover there are four of the people I respect the most in this world and value their opinions, and there was another guy that I don't know very well.

The fellow on the right (which makes him from the right, right?) was wearing a conservative suit and a conservative tie and appeared to be in the Fox News newsroom. It also said Fair and Balanced on the cover, which I know in all of our minds, is indicative of FoxNews and their respected and fair and balanced view of the news. They have put so much into that slogan...why, sitting here in my office and drinking from my Fox News coffee mug (fair and balanced is right there printed inside) and wearing my fair and balanced necktie (and a pair of socks), looking at the cover of that book I can't help but assume that it is published by the stalwarts of fair and balanced journalism at Fox News.

Let me tell you it is not.

I was shocked apon actually opening the book and looking at the contents to find such chapter headings as "Ann Coulter: Nutcase" and "I Bitch-Slap Bernie Goldberg." My friends, this is not what it appears to be. I am amazed that those at FoxNews would publish such a book that attacks their own conservative viewpoints and pundits.

As I read (I can read you know, as high as a third grade level), I was aghast at the claims inside. They can't be true can they?

I'd better go see what Bill O'Reilly has to say on "The No Spin Zone," he always tells it like it is.

Fair and Balanced.

So I spoke a little too soon that I wouldn't say anymore about the case, but this is more of a commentary on the book.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...