Wednesday, July 16, 2003

The reviewers for Rolling Stone are smoking some crack since they gave Gore Verbinski's Pirates of the Carribean only two stars. It is, in fact, the best film that I've seen this summer. Here's a quick rundown of the films I've seen so far this summer and the way that I rank them:

1. Pirates of the Carribean--Great film with humor, action, romance, and a bit of grisly zombie action.
2. Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines--Much better than I expected. A good sci-fi action treat.
3. 28 Days Later--Great re-imagination of the Zombie genre, lifting the best parts of the Dead films and making something a bit new. Gives me more faith in Danny Boyle after the travesty that was The Beach
4. Matrix: Reloaded--I liked it, even if others didn't. I think there were quite a few cheesy parts in there (mostly that horrible rave). I'm looking forward to Revolutions.
5. Hulk--Hulk Smash. Still a good film, just not better than the others. I imagine the obvious sequel will have more of the titular Hulk smashing.
6. The Italian Job--Good caper film, but nothing really special.
7. The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen--Will not get off the bottom of the list by the end of the summer, or ever. Quite possibly the worst comic book film outside of Batman and Robin. Joel didn't direct this one did he?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...