Sunday, July 06, 2003

More from Dorsey:

"He throw a peanut butter and jelly in the back of my car. Know what I'm sayin? Know what I'm sayin?
We in the most nastyiest places down there. And here comes the preacher down here with a bag of--what's that restaurant on Broad Street? Right over there by the Jackson Hotel, Motel is at?"
Toots?
"Naw, naw. That restaurant, the burger place."
Checkers?
"Yeah, Checkers. He came up with maybe twenty bags of hamburgers, checkers. And here I'm thinking.."
Out of the dumpster?
"No, no, no. He bought it. And I said look. What was so bad is everybody on the street was running after the man, and I said 'look, I gotta get over on back to the Miami side, man, Okay?' So I get a uh I get up the next morning, I'm down at the place. I'm sitting there thinking 'I need me a job. So how am I gonna get me a job?' So here, here's what I did, I put the sucker routine into play. I used my own guilt and methods to fool people to make them think that I'm this person, that I didn't have money. Knowing that I had five hundred dollars in my pocket, know what I'm saying? The head man of the hotel bought me a big burger a large fry and a drink and he say 'You know what? You don't even have to pay me back.'

So the next day, the next man bought me a nacho dinner. Know what I'm saying? No problem.

It was easy, it was simple. It was so simple, you know what, even a woman came up there. She said 'you know what, I'm going to buy you a meal. I feel your pain.'

It was so good. It was so good. I was laughing, I was laughing all the way to the bank. Then I finally got me a job, know what I'm saying?

It was good.
--On scamming in Florida.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...