Friday, October 11, 2002

Imagine this if you will.
Jon Bon Jovi stars in a film as a Vampire Hunter.
Still with me? Now it's the sequal to a John Carpenter film, and he executive produces. Should be good right?
Predictably, no.
Just finished the film, tried to get two other people to rent it and tell me if I needed to see it, couldn't get them to, though. I was in the video store today and Big Trouble wasn't in, so I picked up Vampires Los Muertos and Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust.
D is very good, if you are an anime fan and haven't seen it, pick it up. It's actually better than the original.
Los Muertos was not engaging to me in the least, during it I got up and watched an episode of ER, read part of a book, and generally ignored most of the travesty that was presented before me.
Especially bad was the performance of Natasha Gregson Wagner, who was just annoying. There were also inconsistancies in the staging of action in the film that I noticed early on that put me off, such as a vampire entering through a dark archway, then being staked and pushed through the same arch outside.
How did he come in from outside where it was sunny.
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust 7/10--beautiful animation, some bad voice acting
Vampres Los Muertos 4/10--Pointless and boring

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...