Friday, October 18, 2002

I recieved my tape of Mayhem at the Atrium III from Kaiju Big Battel, yesterday, and let me tell you, it's the best backyard-wrestling-Japanese-monster-filmed-in-New-York action I've ever seen. Thirty Six minutes of non stop garbage style wrestling by guys in costumes with such names as the Silver Potato, and Los Plantanos. It's pretty good if you like this sort of thing, and I do.
They're not as good at making costumes as Gwar, but a few of them are pretty good, like Dust Bunny and Hell Monkey.
It's not Ricky Steamboat v. Rick Flair by any means, it's not even Colorado Kid v. Ashley Hudson, but it's heart is in the right place, and for teenagers beating on each other in silly costumes, it's pretty good.
Do you like Gwar videos? Do you like bad wrestling? Then this might be for you.
Come to think of it, why doesn't Gwar put together an all wrestling tape? I think that would be pretty good. Techno v. Oderous was the best match at Dragon*Con wrestling the first year they had it. Perhaps Gwar could invade Kaiju.
It's a thought.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...