Wednesday, May 19, 2004

TV Tuesday

Week 10 - Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip...
Jay Leno once quipped when he was alone in an elevator his mind always reverted to the lowest song he could think of: "Come and listen to a story 'bout a man named Jed..."

Love them or hate them, TV theme songs stick with us for years! If you're stuck on some lyrics, click here for a comprehensive page with words I never even knew existed. (Who knew I Dream of Jeannie had lyrics???)

On that musical note:

1. What is your favorite TV theme song? Right now, the theme from Aqua Team Hunger Force, but it has alot to do with the tie in with the animation, the total package there [especially the bit where shake is hopping up and down].

2. Which song drives you crazy enough to hit mute on the remote? The theme song to Enterprise, whoever decided to go with a pop song for that one was lacking certain mental faculties, but it's evident from the show that nobody was really sure what they were doing.

3. Which song are your proud to say you remember (most of) the lyrics to??? I'm not sure that I'm proud to remember it, but I do know the words to Pryde of the X-Men, the pilot for an X-Men cartoon that wasn't made.

~Bonus~ Put the lyrics on your page (from memory), and I'll list you next week in the TV Tuesday Theme Song Hall of Fame. Don't forget to leave a comment so I'll know you posted!

Noplace to hide,
Noplace to run,
The Mutant Age
The Mutant Age
Has now begun.

X-Men, X-Men
This is the day
This is the day
X-Men, X-Men
Comin' your way

Magneto's hordes are on the way
To Pillage burn and plunder,
But there's one team that will not yield
The team that strikes like thunder!

X-Men, X-men
This is the day,
This is the day,
X-Men, X-Men
Comin' your way.


I could continue on with the dialogue for most, if not all of the show from that point, much like Tommy can do with Star Wars, but I'll spare you.

Thanks for playing, and remember:

"Got kind of tired packing and unpacking,
Town to town and up and down the dial
Maybe you and me were never meant to be,
But baby think of me once in awhile.

I'm at WKRP in Cincinnati..."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...