Tuesday, May 27, 2003

I got a membership offer from BMG today. It has the little stickers that you punch out and put on the card for what you want. There are something in the neighborhood of 400-450 stickers on the sheet, each representing an album from a different genre of music (Bering Strait is not a female country band, they are a group of Russian bluegrass musicians male and female contrary to what the sticker sheet said).

Usually when I get one of these and I actually look at it rather than ripping it into tiny pieces and throwing it around my head like confetti, I am tempted to join.

Not this time.

Out of the 450 or so albums, guess how many I want?

4. I don't think it's because I'm picky either, anyone who's had a look at my multitudinous CD racks would know that (I have an album of showtunes sung by Brent Spiner for godsake, also a copy of Tia Carrere's album 'Dream', picky I am not) It's also not that I already have alot of them. Looking over the sheet, I'd say I have about 15 of the albums already.

Most of them just suck. Plain and simple. The current music sucks. The old music they pick (Hall and Oates? The Carpenters? Sorry but no) sucks.

Music is terrible, and I blame Lars Ulrich.

Thank you and I bid you good day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...