Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Silly Canadians

Why them crazy Canucks, it seems that a Wal-Mart store in Quebec done went and unionized.

I hope they have alternate employment prospects, cause I would have to imagine that they are soon to be gone from Wal-Mart employment.

"I hope that (Wal-Mart) will accept the decision and negotiate a collective bargaining agreement," Lemieux said.


Right, they're going to bargain exactly like the Kroger here in Athens did when their employees decided to unionize, everyone is going to be out of a job (except the Kroger closed up shop, I'd imagine that Wal-Mart will just hire new people).

Though the fact that there are only 150 employees involved seems to suggest that the store isn't a supercenter, so I wouldn't put it past the possibility that they'd just close up shop and leave town.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...