Tuesday, February 17, 2004

New Phone

There's a commercial on for a company called "New Phone" on right now with a girl talking in one of the worst fake southern accents I've ever heard [the worst is Keanu Reeve in The Devil's Advocate]. She even makes sure to say something along the lines of "...why that's plum ridiculous."

You know what, as a person who has used that particular statement before I call shenanigans on her inflections. If she's from the south she doesn't have a real accent and is having to put one on in the same way that every drama kid in high school had their put on British accent.

I find that type of commercial to be condescending, and I don't really see a place for it. If it was a real testimonial that would be one thing, but it is so obviously trying to cater to the hick crowd that I, a certified Slackjawed Yokel and plum offended.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...