Wednesday, December 25, 2002

Merry Christmas to all, or perhaps Mithasmas or Dionysusmas if you prefer. I just have a few things to impart after the comment about the comment.

Yesterday as I was driving from rainy Middle Tennessee to rainy East Tennessee my windshield wipers cut out somewhere around Monteagle mountain. Luckily it was only drizziling a bit by that point, so I made it allright. My father gave me some Rain-X stuff that he says will do the trick without wipers, so I'm guessing I'll get to try that out on the way home since my truck seems to want to make driving a little more difficult.

Also in weather news, as I sit here it is snowing outside. Is it too much to hope that I can be snowed in for about five or six days? It's not that I don't want to go back to work or anything, but I don't want to go back to work.

That Olive the other Reindeer film was on yesterday. Very bad. That's all I'll say. No more singing Drew Barrymore. None. Ever.

Also as I was driving home yesterday from work Steve Gill, local stalwart republican radio talk show host in Nashville, got a call from a guy named Steve who began by talking about the retail season, and from his conversation I gathered that he is a Sam's Club employee, but that is not important. After that he attempted to hijack Gill's show and went into a spiel about Santa being based on Tamuz, an ancient king, and then moved from there into occultic topics and finally wound it up with what began as a monologue about the Rockefeller's that no doubt would have ended with something about the Illuminati.

His was talking on a topic that Gill was discussing, which was the origins of the celebration of Christmas on Dec. 25, and why this date was chosen. Gill said it was in the spirit of competition with the other religions and an attempt to bring people away from the celebrations at the same time. I have some thoughts on the matter, but I think they'll wait until a later post.

Anyway, Gill cut they guy off before the talk got to paranoid, and rightly so. In thinking of caller Steve's words I think that it is important to remember Robert Anton Wilson's (himself a chronicler of the Illuminati) two commandments:
  • Don't totally believe your own B.S. (belief system), and
  • Don't totally believe anyone else's B.S. either.

    Caller Steve has broken those commandments.

    But then so have most people.

    I rambled a bit there, but that's what this site's about, my rambling monologues. It just allows you to scroll down when you get tired of it (no doubt everyone I know would love the ability to scroll down, or to mute me).

    But, seriously folks, Merry Christmas.
  • No comments:

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...